The importance of music on our children’s life / La importancia de la musica en la vida de nuestro a niños
I often ask myself if I give Luisa enough musical stimulation because me and my husband we are really bad with rhythm and singing.
Studies say that early musical stimulation improves the learning of new languages as they see music as a language as well. But sometimes I find difficult doing it because I am not so good at it.
The other day I wrote about some of the activities I do with Luisa, here and today I share the ones I do as a kindergarten teacher I always do in my class, music related:
- Play different kind of music: Classic, funky, pop,…
- Play music with different languages.
- We make musical games like creating simple rhythm clapping or identify music and silence, slow and fast.
- We read books about music and learn the names of the instruments and musical notes.
- Love to play relaxing music when they are creating their draws or paintings.
- Playing with musical instruments
- Read stories and then give each character a different instrument. Create from the story a little and simple musical.
- Play different sounds from our daily routine to train the hearing.
At home, I try to do more or less the same enjoying music together or playing it when Luisa is creating.
I think music is a big part of our heritage and because of that I always chose different Portuguese themes for her, when I listen to some of these songs I remember my childhood or moments of my life and I want to do the same for her, creating precious memories and then when she listens to the same music maybe 20 years from now she will remember these moments of us together.
Love to hear your lovely thoughts about this, how you introduce music in children’s daily life.
This post was made in collaboration with sudioswen @sudiosweden
- Escuchar diferentes sonidos de nuestra rutina diaria para entrenar a la audición.
- Escuchar diferentes tipos de música: clásica, funky, pop, …
- Escuchar música con diferentes idiomas.
- Hacemos juegos musicales como crear aplausos de ritmo simples o identificar música y silencio, o lento y rápido.
- Leemos libros sobre música y aprendemos los nombres de los instrumentos y notas musicales.
- Me encanta tocar música relajante cuando están creando sus dibujos o pinturas.
- Jugar con instrumentos musicales
- Leer historias y luego dar a cada personaje un instrumento diferente. Crear de la historia un musical poco y simple.